Important information for our Patients
15th February 2021
We are back to business pre-lockdown style, as of Monday 15th February. This means,
- Return of face to face consults
- No masks required
- All treatment and diagnostic cycles back to normal
- Partners can attend pregnancy scans and embryo transfers
Some things will remain in place though,
- COVID safe principles to continue to help keep WA safe
- Contact register is mandatory
- If you are unwell, and have COVID symptoms, please stay at home and contact us immediately.
We thank you all again for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.
Stay safe and well.
5th February 2021
Countdown to the end of lockdown!
As we enter the last hours of hard lockdown, we are pleased to confirm that treatment cycles will resume as of Monday 8th February. However, during the transitional return to “business as usual” as outlined by the WA government, the following precautions will apply at both of our clinics until the 14th February, assuming no new cases are confirmed,
• All doctor and nurse consultations will be carried out remotely via telehealth
• Prior to attending the clinic, you will need to confirm that you have not attended any of the identified COVID potential exposure sites
• Masks are mandatory when attending our clinics and if you don’t have one, we will provide you with one
• Unfortunately, no partners, support person or children are permitted to accompany patients for blood tests, scans, or transfers
• Upon arrival to the clinic, we ask that all patients check in via the Covid-19 SafeWA, hand sanitise and adhere to social distancing.
• Please call the clinic when you are ready to recommence your treatment or if you have any questions. We’re here to help
We look forward to, once again, joining you on your fertility journey. If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out.
Stay safe and well.
31st January 2021
In response to the recent WA lock down announcement coming into effect for Perth, Peel and WA’s South West on Sunday 31st January 2021 at 6pm, we have had to put some precautions in place immediately to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff:
- Diagnostic andrology will not be conducted for the duration of the lockdown. This includes Semen Analysis, SCSA testing, and sperm freezes except in urgent cases.
- All consultations will be held via telehealth, using either Microsoft Teams or Skype. Our reception staff will contact you in advance of your appointment with a link to the appropriate platform. If you have any issues connecting please contact the main clinic number.
- All patients attending the clinic for blood tests, scans, semen collection or transfers will be asked to confirm they have not attended any of the COVID potential exposure sites before entering the clinic.
- WA Health guidelines require masks to be worn at all times when outside the home. If you arrive at the clinic without a mask, we will provide you with one before you will be permitted to enter.
- Unfortunately, partners and children will not be permitted to accompany patients inside the clinic for blood tests, scans, or transfers
If you have an appointment scheduled which will be directly affected, you will be contacted by one of our staff as soon as possible.
Your health and safety, and that of our staff, is of the utmost importance to us. We will continue to adapt our services and COVID management plan as information comes to hand.
We understand how important your treatment is and we are here to support you throughout this journey and remain committed to providing you with the best of care.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 1st Feb 2021
1st December 2020
Your health and safety, and that of our staff, is of the utmost importance to us. We continue to adapt our services as updates come to hand, so we can continue to provide the best support possible.
With the borders now open, we have adopted some extra precautions and we kindly ask,
- You phone us prior to attending the clinic if you are at all unwell, have travelled outside of WA in the last 30 days or have been in contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19.
- You do not bring children to the clinic.
- Partners to only attend consultations, embryo transfers and pregnancy scans.
We understand how important your treatment is, and we want you to be in the best of health when you commence it. We are here to support you throughout your fertility journey and remain committed to providing you with the best of care.
1st September 2020
Even though we are still considered the “lucky” state amidst the Covid-19 epidemic, we can assure you that your safety and the safety of our staff remains our top priority. We still have in place the following precautions in line with the Department of Health’s recommendations.
Restricting patient numbers and appointment duration in our clinics.
Minimising access for partners, support staff and children in our clinical areas.
Adhering to social distancing recommendations in order to minimise interpersonal contact.
Increased cleaning and disinfection measures in all areas of our clinics including a hand-sanitizing station upon entry to the clinic.
If you are scheduled to attend one of our clinics and are unwell with cold like symptoms, please call our reception and we will advise you of the best course of action.
We thank you for your continued cooperation in keeping us all safe and well.
11th May 2020
The Covid-19 crisis has not only had an effect on our mental and physical state, it has had a substantial impact on our financial well being, and we want to help! We want to help our patients, not just because wereinthistogether, but because we genuinely care and do not want to see anyone miss out on the joy of having a family because of the effects of this crisis.
So, until further notice, we are offering up to a 55% reduction of your out-of-pocket expenses for Medicare item numbers 13200 or 13201 which form part of your IVF cycle. (expired 30th September 2020)
If you are a current patient of ours undergoing treatment, you will receive the discounted amount as a refund or credit, whatever is most appropriate. If you are a new patient, we encourage you to book an appointment for a consultation with one of our medical staff to discuss what treatment options are best for you.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 11th May 2020
30th April 2020
Our Medical Director, Professor Roger Hart shares our excitement as we recommence our fertility treatments this week.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 30th April 2020
21st April 2020
It’s official, we are on the way to re-commencing fertility treatments!
In the wake of the National Cabinets decision to lift elective surgery restrictions effective next week, we are busily planning the safest and most effective way forward to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and staff is protected. Whilst we would love to push the button and start immediately, we are heavily regulated by our governing body and are expecting further details in the coming days around exactly what treatments can commence, and what guidelines we are required to follow to ensure future restrictions are avoided.
Please know that we are thinking of you all and we are as eager as you to assist you in achieving the dream of a family as soon as humanly possible. Stay safe and stay tuned, we will contact you as soon as we know more!
Click here to read the ABC interview with Professor Roger Hart on what this means for fertility patients.
20th April 2020
Some hopeful news from our Medical Director, Professor Roger Hart, on the possible re-commencement of fertility treatment in the very near future.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 20th April 2020
14th April 2020
An update from our Medical Director, Professor Roger Hart, on how our clinics will operate in this challenging environment.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 14th April 2020
27th March 2020 1600hrs
To all of our patients
It is with great sadness I share with you that we have been directed by the government to cease any new patient treatment cycles in the foreseeable future.
If you are a current patient waiting to start your treatment, please call our clinic next week to discuss your plan moving forward. Whilst we cannot begin active treatment, we want to assure you that we are still here to support you until we can embark on this fertility journey together.
With so much uncertainty and unease surrounding each and every one of us in this current crisis, one thing we can be sure of, is that our team will return stronger and more determined to provide you with the joy of a family as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.
Professor Roger Hart:
COVID-19 UPDATE - 27th March 2020
25th March 2020 1600hrs
FSWA is continuing to liaise with Fertility Society of Australia (FSA) https://www.fertilitysociety.com.au/home/fsa-statement-covid-19/ We are working to address the recent announcements by the Australian Government in relation to elective surgery.
We will update our website as changes occur.
25th March 2020
With this ever evolving COVID-19 crisis, we are working hard behind the scenes to provide you with the most up-to-date information in regard to your upcoming or current Fertility treatment with us. The advice and direction we are receiving from the Government is updating hourly at the moment. We will update our website by the end of today with information we have at the time.
For now though, please be assured we are going above and beyond to protect the health and well-being of both our patients and staff with a number of precautions already in place. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very challenging situation we are all faced with.
23rd March 2020
With the growing number of enquiries around COVID-19 and Fertility treatments, we have listed some FAQ's below for your reference:
Will the operating theatre close for IVF procedures and what does that mean for my IVF Cycle?
At this stage the operating theatres are continuing to offer IVF procedures.
If my TVOA is cancelled mid cycle, what will happen to my body?
You would have medication to release the eggs and a further medication to help normalise your cycle and return your body to normal.
If I am pregnant what is the risk to me and my baby?
Please see our video below where Professor Roger Hart addresses this concern.
Please note, should you choose to continue your treatment, it is imperative to maintain strict social distancing to protect yourself and our staff when attending for any essential tests or scans. Outside of these visits to our clinic, you may choose to follow the self-isolation guidelines as suggested by the Government to limit interaction with family, friends and the general public for the remainder of your treatment cycle.
19th March 2020
We would like to reassure you that Fertility Specialists of WA (FSWA) continues to provide treatment to all unaffected patients at this time. However, alternative and precautionary measures have been put in place.
With the media and public discussions around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis continuing to raise concerns, we have formed an internal Coronavirus Taskforce to ensure we continue to be adaptive and responsive in protecting the health and ongoing needs of our staff and patients.
With information changing by the hour, our leadership team convenes regularly to review the latest recommendations from the Department of Health and implement any recommended initiatives to ensure we minimise the risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19.
What precautions are we taking?
In light of the current environment, we are now implementing the following precautions:
- Restricting patient numbers and appointment duration in our clinics.
- Adhering to social distancing recommendations in order to minimise interpersonal contact.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection measures in all areas of our clinics including a hand-cleaning station upon entry to the clinic.
In order to do this effectively, we will be:
- Transitioning to Skype/telephone appointments for all Doctor, Nurse, Lab and Counsellor consults where possible.
- Minimising access for partners, support staff and children in our clinical areas.
Please DO NOT attend our clinic if you:
Are at all unwell, in particular suffering symptoms such as, fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
Have travelled outside of Australia within the last 30 days.
Have been in contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19.
Instead, call your nurse and we will advise you of the best course of action.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing cooperation with this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any further concerns, please call either of our clinics and we will be happy to discuss it with you further.
We will continue to keep our patients informed as and when new information comes to hand.
"We are working hard to ensure your continued safety and wellbeing throughout your treatment."
- Daily health alerts
Australian Government – Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/
- Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on Coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1800 020 080